Last Updated: September 2nd, 2021
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We require certain personal information to provide our services to you. For example, you must have an account in order to upload or share content on The Leagues. Other information you provide may be voluntary or collected automatically so that we may make certain features accessible to you. In general, the personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us or use The Leagues. For example:
- Creating an account – You do not need to create an account to use some of our features, such as searching or viewing public The Leagues profiles. If you do choose to create an account, we ask you to log in to an existing third party account (such as your Google, Apple, Facebook, or Twitter account) for authentication purposes. We then collect other information that identifies you, including your username, birthdate, email address, phone numbers, and other data you submit, to help you build a profile.
- Using The Leagues – When you use The Leagues, we collect information about your activities on The Leagues, including the users you follow, the users who follow you, and the recordings you like. We also collect your geolocation and device identifiers (for example, your IP address), which help us tie your activity to your account. We use this personal information to personalize your experience, improve The Leagues, and deliver advertisements.
- Creating content – When you create content on The Leagues, we will collect the date and time you created and published the content and any personal information contained within your content. When you publish content, you may also choose to include your location. We use this content at your direction, such as publishing it in a private post or to your followers.
- Contacting us – If you contact us online or via email or phone, we will collect your contact information and the content of your communication. We use this personal information to respond to your request and for internal business purposes related to your request.
We also collect and use your personal information for our internal business purposes, which include: conducting analytics about use of The Leagues; providing technical support and customer service; communicating information about The Leagues; promoting new services and offers; delivering advertising and content; identifying and repairing errors; auditing interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and protecting the integrity, safety and security of The Leagues.
MAKING YOUR INFORMATION PUBLIC
The Leagues is a social network designed to broadly and instantly share the information you choose to make public, such as your profile, recordings, and certain information about your recordings (like the date and time you published them). The list of users you follow and the list of the users that follow you may also be made public, as well as if you add another user’s post to a public play list or make a public comment on other users’ recordings. There are also opportunities for you to create a recording on The Leagues that can share outside or The Leagues, including on social media. You are responsible for your recordings and other interactions on The Leagues and other social platforms, and you should think carefully about what you share and make public, especially if it is sensitive information.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As noted above, some activity on The Leagues is public. There are limited circumstances where we may share the personal information you do not choose to make public, because it’s important for operating our services, or because it’s required by law. Such circumstances include sharing:
- With service providers – We may share your personal information with companies or individuals that provide services to us. These services may include creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing use of The Leagues, preparing and distributing communications, or responding to inquiries. Our policy is to limit our service providers’ use of your personal information only to purposes related to the services they provide us.
- In a business transition – In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to the party or parties of such transaction.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your personal information may protect the rights, property, or safety of The Leagues, or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may share aggregated or non-identifiable information with third parties for various purposes, including for business or marketing purposes and to assist us and other parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits and usage patterns.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Strictly necessary – These cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to use our website, load and show content, and use your account.
- Preferences – These cookies allow us to capture and store your preferences, account settings, and certain login information
- Analytics – These cookies help us compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the website, including details about how often a user visits the website, which areas of the website are visited and for how long, information regarding in-game activities, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data.
- Advertising – We partner with third party advertisers and ad networks to display advertising on the website. Some of this advertising may be targeted based on your behavior on the website and on other websites you visit.
We also use pixel tags, which are pieces of code embedded on the website that collect information about engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. In addition, you may opt out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on and opt out of interest-based ads by visiting the NAI Opt Out page. If you opt out of interest-based ads, you will still see ads on the website but the ads will not be tailored to your interests.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” or DNT signals.
DATA RETENTION & DISPOSAL
We retain personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for legitimate business reasons, or as legally required. When we dispose of personal information, we aim to use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing the personal information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner.
We implement reasonable security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information we collect. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you use caution when sharing your personal information with us electronically, especially if such information is sensitive or confidential.
YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
The Leagues contains privacy settings that lets you decide, for example, to make your account private and to limit visibility of your posts.
In addition, you may exercise the following rights with regard to the personal information we maintain about you:
- Correcting your personal information – We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. If The Leagues does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, you may contact us to ask us to make your request.
- Opting out of marketing emails – You always have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of the marketing and promotional emails we send you. To do so, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of the marketing emails you received from us.
- Opting out of cookies – As described above in COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES, you can opt out of cookies by changing the settings of your browser or communicating your preferences through third party opt-out pages.
- Deactivating your account – You may choose to deactivate your account. Doing so means that your username and profile will no longer be visible on The Leagues and you will no longer be able to log into The Leagues using this account. We will maintain your personal information for up to 30 days, after which we will delete your records. We may retain certain of your personal information for our record keepings purposes, and we may anonymize your personal information for our own internal business purposes.
You may also contact us if you have any questions about how we use and share your personal information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not intend to share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old, you have the right to request that we remove content you posted as a register user of The Leagues. You can make this request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Minor Eraser.” Please include enough information to identify the content to be removed and sufficient contact information for us to contact you in response to your request.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Leagues is not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 13. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information under your local laws.
The Leagues may provide hyperlinks that, when clicked, take you to a third-party website that we do not own or control. Third parties’ websites or emails may also link to The Leagues. These hyperlinked third-party websites may collect your personal information. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites, nor are we responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties.